Senior Design Engineer/Manager
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Senior Design Engineer/Manager to join our team.
Summary of Role
Wind2 is looking for a full-time
Senior Design Engineer/Manager to join the technical team. A diverse and exciting role, the Technical Manager will provide technical expertise to the development of renewable energy projects, with ownership of all aspects of site design, wind resource measurement and project yield analysis, technical constraint mitigation and GIS. The Senior Design Engineer/Manager will be responsible for the management of the Technical Team and also support the Development Team.
To provide technical expertise in the development of wind, solar and energy storage projects. Ownership of all aspects of site design, wind resource measurement and energy yield analysis, technical constraint mitigation and GIS support to the Development Team. You will play a pivotal role in driving the design and development of renewable energy projects. Leveraging your expertise in engineering principles and renewable technologies and operations, you will oversee the design process from conception to execution, ensuring the delivery of high-quality and cost-effective solutions. You will collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to innovate and optimize designs whilst contributing to the advancement of renewable energy initiatives.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Designing and managing wind data measurement campaigns for projects including, remote sensing and met mast installation, maintenance and decommissioning. Wind data quality control and analysis to ensure high-quality bankable wind data is obtained for projects.
- Employ analytical tools and methodologies to optimise designs for performance, efficiency, and cost-effectiveness, while minimizing environmental impact.
- Design and yield analysis of wind and solar farms, maximising site potential while taking into account all environmental and technical constraints.
- Work with the Project Managers to resolve technical constraints on the sites, including access constraints, aviation objections, telecoms constraints and more
- Develop and maintain links the major wind turbine suppliers to ensure wind sites are designed based on the latest and planned wind technology.
- Develop and maintain links to a range of Solar EPC providers and main component suppliers to ensure solar sites are designed based on the latest and planned solar technology and design philosophies.
- Develop, in consultation with the Management Team, and maintain a GIS system suitable for the company to provide spatial analysis for site search activities, the storage of spatial data for projects and the production of drawings.
- Alert the Management Team of the Company (as necessary) to any project-related issues which might impact on cost, permitting, commercial project programme or budgets and develop plans to resolve such issues.
- Manage a team of engineers and GIS analysts, mentoring and training the less experienced members of the team.
- Continual development of the technical work processes to ensure up-to-date software, processes and thinking are being used.
- Lead the design and engineering efforts for renewable energy projects, including conceptualization, feasibility analysis, and detailed design phases.
Qualifications and Skillset
- Degree in Engineering.
- 5+ years of renewable energy project design and engineering and operational experience in large scale renewable energy projects.
- Proven track record of successfully leading and delivering complex engineering projects from concept to completion.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong and demonstrable knowledge of wind farm and solar farm design and yield analysis software, wind data analysis tools, GIS software, Microsoft Excel, and programming languages.
- Proficiency in engineering design software and industry standard tools (e.g., AutoCAD, MATLAB, PVSyst, WindPRO) and familiarity with relevant industry standards and codes.
- Experience in commercial and financial modelling.
- A flexible attitude to work and the ability to travel regularly throughout the UK.
- Full UK driving license.
- Excellent communication and people skills.
- Strong leadership skills, as the successful candidate will be managing a small team.
- Commitment to sustainability and renewable energy initiatives.
Job type: Full-time
Salary: Attractive salary and benefits package.
Location: Mold, North Wales/ Edinburgh with hybrid working
To apply or for enquiries, email: email@example.com