Job Description: Renewable Energy Project Manager: Mold, North Wales
Summary of Role:
With continued expansion in our project pipeline Wind 2 is looking for a new experienced renewable energy project manager to join its team at its office on the Welsh/English border in Mold. Wind 2 was formed in 2016 and brought together a group of experienced developers in renewable energy to be one of the first independent developers to seize opportunity for subsidy free renewable energy projects. The company has offices in Edinburgh, Perth, the Highlands and Mold, North Wales. The role of project manager is pivotal in the success of a project. Following acquisition of main land rights you will be responsible for developing your projects from inception to a fully consented project ready to start construction. You will be the dedicated project manager for a select number of projects, taking the lead in all project matters. You should have strong project management and planning consent skills and have worked in renewable development for at least 2 years. You will be supported in your role by a team of experienced in-house specialists and external consultants. If you have the drive and ambition to succeed in renewable energy development, Wind 2 is the company for you.
Objectives of Role:
To pro-actively project manage the development of renewable energy sites from site identification, through the consenting process working with the Wind2 team and sub-contractors. Ownership of all aspects of project development including EIA oversight, planning application preparation, land agreements, grid contracts, technical and environmental design, commercial status and public relations.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Undertake early stage assessment of prospective projects to identify and appraise, planning, environmental, technical and commercial constraints, issues and opportunities which may affect the suitability of the site for wind energy development.
- Manage the relationship with landowners ensuring the project has all necessary rights required and the relationship remains commercial and supportive.
- Oversee and manage the consultants engaged to carry out the Environmental Impact Assessments and planning submissions, liaising with local authorities, consenting bodies and statutory agencies as required.
- Appraise and monitor technical, planning, grid, land, environmental and commercial issues and/or constraints at all stages of the development of projects, including managing the resolution and mitigation of arising issues.
- Prepare and implement a stakeholder relations strategy for individual projects, including liaison with the public, community groups, elected members, and the media.
- Monitor current planning and environmental legislative and policy issues that may affect the company's development activities, communicating this within the company and managing the preparation of responses as appropriate.
- Work in accordance with the company's agreed procedures for monitoring project development and recording risk, including maintenance of Risk Registers, Project Plans, Project Budgets and Financial Models.
- Alert the Management Team of the Company (as necessary) to any project related issues which might impact on cost, permitting, commercial project programme or budgets and develop plans to resolve such issues.
- Any other duties as reasonably required.
Qualifications and Skill-Set
- Degree qualified in a planning, surveying, engineering or an environmental discipline preferably with or working towards a professional membership.
- Experience within the renewables industry in project management, and of the planning process.
- Excellent report writing, communication and project management skills.
- Enthusiastic attitude and ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- A flexible attitude to work and the ability to travel regularly throughout the UK at short notice.
- Full UK Driving Licence.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Attractive salary and benefits package
Email C.V to firstname.lastname@example.org
All enquiries to Sally Jones 01352 748302